This job is no longer available
Reporting to the Head of Finance, this post is needed to ensure accurate and timely budgeting and forecasting for the whole global organization, delivering information on which key business decisions can be made by the Executive and Governance teams. In addition, the post is needed to ensure that in all parts of Plan financial policies and procedures are up to date, understood and relevant to the business needs.
All Plan’s budgets are compiled on time, accurately and provide management with the information needed for forecasting and business decision-making
• Prepare the instructions for budgets and ensure that they are properly communicated to all relevant parts of Plan
• Communicate the requirement clearly with all stakeholders, supporting their needs to meet the requirements
• Ensure financial plans are prepared accurately and in accordance with the agreed timetable by all parts of Plan.
Annual and quarterly reports are developed from budget data and presented in a manner to facilitate strategic business decision-making
• Ensure that reporting systems include the final approved planning numbers
• Accurate analysis of data
• Accessible and usable reports.
The implications of multi-year analysis of trends is made clear to management and governance bodies
• Coordinate the preparation of long term projections and ensure that these are updated
• Preparation of appropriate reports of financial plan information for discussion with Plan’s senior management teams and the International Board.
• Ad hoc financial support and analysis
• Advise and recommend to senior colleagues action to be taken.
Plan’s financial operating policies and procedures are regularly reviewed to ensure that they meet the changing needs of the business
• Revise 25% of the procedures annually in collaboration with DRDs and RFMs
• Manage the Finance intranet site to ensure that it meets the needs of users.
Support central finance in completing year end accurately and on time
• Ensure that the global severance provision is properly calculated in accordance with applicable accounting rules
• Prepare the analysis of costs by programme area for disclosure in the Worldwide accounts
• Provide assistance to rest of central finance team as required to enable completion of year end reports on time.
Dealing with Problems:
Complexity of problems handled & the degree of investigation, analysis, & creative thinking required to solve them
• Ensure that the global financial planning procedures and timetables are complied with by all programme countries, IH and NOs. This requires working with different levels of Plan’s complex organisational structure and identifying the root cause of any problems in order to recommend appropriate solutions.
• Analyse global financial results and projections to identify trends, eliminate currency impacts and to identify emerging issues.
• Investigate problems with Plan’s existing procedures and identify best practice in order to keep financial procedures and policies current.
Communications and Working Relationships:
Working contacts inside and outside the organization; include the purpose and level (high, medium, low) of the contact
This post works closely with all finance functions globally to ensure that financial planning procedures and timetables are complied with. In particular, within the Central Finance function it is expected that the post holder will liaise most closely with the Group Reporting Manager, IH financial controller and members of their teams.
In the overseas programs the post will need to build a close working relationship with Regional Finance Managers and Country Finance Managers.
In National Organisations the Finance Managers are key colleagues to ensure timely and accurate information.
This post must provide necessary information to external auditors.
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all areas of the international community