This job is no longer available
Newly Qualified Accountants interested in a move into Investment Banking
We are looking for an energetic and motivated qualified accountant, with Banking experience and good front to back process knowledge to join our Group Finance Operational Risk team. The role is offering the successful candidate broad exposure across Group Finance and senior management teams.
This team faces off against the Group Finance functions globally to ensure that all facets of operational risk (OR) are covered (risk identification, risk assessment, issue remediation, control standard setting, execution of self certification and OR assessments, and risk reporting).
The Group Finance functions that are supported by this Group Finance Operational Risk team include, Investment Bank CFO, Wealth Management & Swiss Bank CFO, Wealth Management Americas CFO, Global Asset Management CFO, Corporate Centre CFO, Group Operational Finance, Group Controlling and Accounting, Group Treasury, Group Accounting Policy & Valuations, and Finance Communications.
Group Finance operational risk processes managed by the Group Finance OR team include:
• Risk reporting - Reporting of all Group Finance’s OR risks, metrics and other key risk indicators. (including tracked action plans, audit points, certification results, OR events, concessions, IT issues, impact of new policies, and the impact of new business proposals)
• Coordination, maintenance and independent review of all Finance OR certifications and assessments.
• Guardians of Group Finance’s control documentation.
• Coordination of periodic risk focused holistic assessments.
• Monitoring and escalation of overdue action plans and audit points.
• Review of all new policies and new business proposals.
• Monitoring of all key risk indicators, with escalation as appropriate.
• Actively challenging all Finance functions on the identification, completeness, assessment and remediation of risks.
Within the above Regional Controlling and Accounting OR framework, this role is specifically focused on assisting with the management of the OR relationship with our key clients such as IB CFO and RCA. This will include handling all aspects of the OR relationship such as challenging their risk profile, tracking action plans, logging OR events, following up on internal and external audit points, and providing support and guidance on OR policies and toolsets.
Skills and experience required:-
• Knowledge of a Bank’s Front to Back control environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively manage key relationships with Business Division CFOs.
• Able to probe and challenge senior Finance managers.
• Ability to identify control gaps with a control minded approach to developing solutions.
• Strength to lead key OR processes and projects globally.
• Ability to co-ordinate and consolidate information from a variety of sources.
• Well organized with strong planning and analytical skills.
Suitable candidates can be straight from practice, having had exposure to Investment Banking through external audits.
We are also keen to hear from Qualified Accountants from either a Product Control or Financial Control background with a genuine interest in moving into Operational Risk.