Interim / Interim to Perm Management Accountant - Immediate Start
Fantastic 2-3 month contract opportunity has arisen for a dynamic, ambitious Management Accountant to become an integral part of the finance function of a hugely exciting Manufacturing company based in Hertfordshire.
Private equity backed manufacturing business based on the Herts / Cambs border which is going through a hugely exciting growth period. They are a dynamic, innovative and successful business that prides itself on its open, friendly and professional culture.
The Role – Management Accountant
Joining an experienced and friendly team and working closely with the Finance Director the post holder will be involved in:
- Production of daily, weekly and monthly management accounts for presentation to the Senior Management Team.
- Implementing key management reports, including, manufacturing productivity, and cash flow forecasts.
- Reviewing manufacturer and supplier invoices to ensure they are correct and potentially mitigating any loss of over spend.
- Taking full responsibility for transactional accounts accrual and prepayments. Ensuring integrity of data is correct and any anomalies are investigated through reporting
- Reconciliation of all entries on the Balance Sheet, accurate reporting of all actuals
- Producing variance analysis against expected results/budget activity. Working closely with the operations and manufacturing units to forecast and account correctly on this
- Working closely with those in non-finance particularly manufacturing units, driving the culture that finance becomes more integral to the operation
- Responsible for producing full profit & loss accounts up to trial balance
- Analysing all costs applied to individual cost centres, working to reduce unnecessary costs and overspend
- Working closely with the FD to prepare budgets and re-forecasts where appropriate.
- Control of fixed asset register, ensuring all assets are correctly appraised and accounted for.
- Accounting for all stock held within manufacturing units and implementing tighter controls around stock held, delivery schedules and general control of stock ordering.
- Implementing and marinating accurate overhead rates and product costing/profitability Possibility of converting to permanent employee, if desired.
Candidate Skills Experience
CIMA, ACCA, ACA qualified Expereince of management cost accounting and project cost accounting in engineering / manufacturing company.
Good team player Confident and able to challenge Adaptability to take on new challenges as required. Good communication skills
Salary Up to £250 / day, possibly flexible depending on experience.
Location Hertfordshire Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
About FDU Group
fdu group provides Executive Search, Recruitment and Support Services, dedicated to Finance and Operations.