This job is no longer available
* Provide sound advice to Trustees, the Chief Executive and other members of the Senior Management Team acting as the lead interface between management and trustees on financial matters.
* Establish a productive working relationship with the Treasurer, Chairman and members of the Finance Committee.
* Advise the CEO and Trustees on the financial consequences of proposed actions
* As a member of the Senior Management Team, contribute to the strategic
direction of the charity
* Be the organisation's lead contact with banks, auditors, pension funds,
investment managers and consultants.
* Lead the charity's financial strategy, planning and budgeting processes and
ensure strong processes are in place for resource allocation and performance
monitoring at all levels of the charity
* Ensure appropriate risk management techniques and financial controls are
embedded throughout the charity at strategic and operational levels
* Ensure that the charity is aware of its accountability to its stakeholders and
that all relationships are managed, monitored and considered in the
development of the charity
* Develop and advise the Board on appropriate policies including those
concerning reserves policy, income and cost trends and overall exposure to
* Ensure the financial systems across the organisation are fit for purpose, to provide accurate and timely information as required both internally and externally
* Provide and/or co-ordinate all accounting and taxation services and advice to the charity
* Ensure they meet its regulatory requirements as set required by Companies House, the Charity Commission, Information Commissioners Office and HMRC.
* Treasury Management
* Develop and maintain appropriate foreign exchange and investment policies
* Ensure quality cash flow forecasting
* Oversee all accounting servicesGoodman Masson is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Goodman Masson is an equal opportunities employer.