This job is no longer available
To lead the strategic development and delivery of efficient and effective services in finance, information systems (IS) and purchasing to enable IOSH to operate as a high performing, responsive, cost effective and membership/customer focused organisation.
IOSH was founded in 1945, and is the only Chartered body for health and safety practitioners. With more than 40,000 members in 85 countries, we’re the world’s largest health and safety membership organisation.
Our vision is a world of work that is safe, healthy and sustainable. To achieve this we set standards, and support, develop and connect our members with resources, guidance, events and training. We’re the voice of the profession, and campaign on issues that affect millions of working people.
We have a successful trading subsidiary, IOSH Services Limited, which generates income in the region of £5m per annum. All profits from IOSH Services go back into IOSH, helping to fund services and support our lobbying, campaigning and charity work.
We have approximately 150 employees, based at our head office outside Leicester, with employees also based in Dublin. The organisation is governed by a volunteer Board of Trustees.
Over the last 18 months the organisation has gone through significant change to create the best infrastructure for future success. Our strategic plan for the next five years has just been developed and provides further challenges and opportunities.
We’re seeking an Executive Director – Finance and Information Systems who’ll ensure we’re utilising our significant reserves effectively to support the achievement of our strategic aims whilst at the same time protecting the financial security of the organisation. We’re also looking for someone who understands developments in information systems and technology and can see their potential for use in business. A key challenge for the role will be to ensure that IOSH keep up with advances in technology so the diverse needs of the organisation and our stakeholders can be satisfied.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following skills and attributes.
Technical skills and experience including, but not limited to:
- Qualified accountant and member of a chartered professional body
- Significant experience working as a director with responsibility for both finance and information systems
- Experience of strategy development and implementation, with particular experience of leading the development of an organisation wide information systems strategy
Exceptional leadership skills including, but not limited to:
- Ability to lead and implement change
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate staff in diverse teams to deliver business objectives
- Excellent communication skills, in a variety of contexts, with experience of presenting and reporting to a management board
- Ability to build effective working relationships and strategic partnerships, externally and across the organisation with a collaborative approach
- Ability to analyse and evaluate large volumes of information to make balanced judgements and decisions
For an information pack, please email Helen Metcalfe at firstname.lastname@example.org.