This job is no longer available
Now in its eighth year of operation, the company has live mobile banking operations in both the UK and the US; with further business developments being progressed across other regions (India, Africa and Asia Pacific).
The company has a Global Alliance Agreement in place with Visa, where the company has been contracted to act as their principle partner to 'mobilize' Visa's services. Work is also progressing to expand into the retail environment through the foundation of the Mobile Money Network with Carphone Warehouse Plc and Travelex.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivering high quality IFRS based group financial statements
- Owning half year and year end statutory reporting cycle and audit review
- Enhancing external reporting in line with developments in IFRS and the transformation of the business
- Providing support for investor relations
- Helping develop and enhance the way the group reports on an ongoing basis as the Group continues to evolve
- Managing tax planning / compliance requirements for both UK and overseas ventures
- Supporting corporate development team in preparation, analysis, structure of proposals and presentations to potential partners
Candidates will be educated to degree level and hold relevant professional qualification (most likely ACA).
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong technical IFRS accounting knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A strong awareness of commercial considerations
- A hands-on style of working
- An appreciation of a small-mid size business culture
- Self motivated and with the ability to work independently
- Willing to share knowledge and experience with other team members
- Strong command of Microsoft packages