Director of Finance
MSSC (Marine Society & Sea Cadets) is a vibrant and growing charity delivering life changing nautical adventure for young people through the Sea Cadets together with personal and professional development opportunities for seafarers with the Marine Society. MSSC was formed in 2004, a result of a merger between Sea Cadets and the Marine Society. MSSC is the governing body of both charities.
We employ over 180 staff, have an income of £13m and investments of £10m. We operate six vessels for the benefit of young people across the country and multiple on-shore training facilities. In our drive towards a modern and forward thinking organisation; we have launched 400 new websites for our units, introduced an internal helpdesk and significantly improved our management information systems.
Whilst we have a long and successful history, we are focused strongly on growth and a strategy of continued investment. As part of our change programme, we require an experienced Director of Finance to support and develop our income generation and financial management, and to ensure that we continue to support our stakeholders at every level.
As a professionally qualified accountant, you will be responsible for the following:
• The development of management information and reporting;
• The review and management of our commercial opportunities;
• The implementation of our new accounting system;
• Launching our new organisational strategy;
• Supporting and developing our fundraising activities, including the purchase our a new addition to the fleet;
• The management & motivation of the finance team.
This is a hugely exciting and challenging post that will involve engaging with a wide range of interesting stakeholders. Please contact us for further information, closing date 8th May.
Email email@example.com with the subject MSSC or telephone 020 7747 4922.
More jobs like this
- Transport / Logistics Accountant jobs in London (Central)
- Transport / Logistics Finance Manager jobs in London (Central)
- Transport / Logistics Financial Controller jobs in London (Central)
- Transport / Logistics Financial Director jobs in London (Central)
- Transport / Logistics Partner jobs in London (Central)