The firm is a successful accountancy practice in the centre of Cirencester which has trebled in size over the past 10 years. With clients based over a wide area, they utilise the latest technology to communicate effectively with them.
Due to continued growth the practice seeks an experienced accountant to work alongside one of the partners. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to develop their accountancy career at an established practice with excellent growth prospects. This role would suit a dynamic, forward-thinking, self-motivated practice based professional committed to providing a high standard of client service. The successful candidate will be experienced in managing their own time effectively and ensuring all work is completed on a timely basis and deadlines are met.
• Able to deal with all types of SME accounts from all types of records
• In depth knowledge of Sage (and willingness to take Sage accreditation exams)
• Proven ability to operate both independently and as part of a team
• Experience preparing management accounts at client premises
• In-depth knowledge and experience preparing self-assessment tax returns
• Fully conversant with preparing limited company accounts including corporation tax computations
• Good working knowledge of VAT
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Good working knowledge of computerised systems found in a modern office
• Own transport required
• Sound management experience
• ACA or ACCA plus 3 years PQE
• QBE with 8 years total experience in a small practice environment
Competencies for Success:
• Presentation skills
• Time management
• Problem solving
Support for exam study would be available for the right candidate.
Note: PQE and QBE are for guidance only and candidates who are able to demonstrate the requisite skills and experience will also be considered.