This job is no longer available
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Group Reporting Accountant to play a major role in the continued growth and development of Monitise and become a part of a company where you have the ability to make a difference.
If you are looking for a new challenging position within a rapidly expanding UK grown Technology Company then this is the place for you.
We want to hear from you if you have a background in a management accountancy position; some key responsibilities of this role include:
- Oversee the production and analysis of detailed monthly financial reporting across the Group, including group consolidation, monthly reconciliations and all intercompany accounting;
- Manage, develop and mentor a growing team of currently 4 people;
- Monitor and evaluate the effective application of existing policies across the organization;
- Communicate with senior management in all areas of the organization to ensure finance fully supports the business in a timely and efficient manner;
- Liaise with external auditors and preparation of audit support schedules and working papers ;
- Undertake and support ad hoc projects;
- Review existing procedures and controls, and identify areas where greater efficiencies can be achieved.
Skills and Experience
We are looking for a proactive individual who can apply previous experience in order to help build and develop the finance function as the Group continues to grow, with the following attributes;
- Highly motivated with the ability to both identify issues and to take responsibility for seeing them through to resolution;
- Experienced in working in a Financial Accounting team. Experience in a fast growing SME environment would be an advantage;
- Qualified with ACA, CIMA or ACCA;
- Proactive and able to show initiative to constantly improve finance processes;
- Excellent eye for detail and organisational skills;
- Hands-on approach;
- Ability to be flexible in a changing environment and work to deadlines;
- Good grasp of accounting concepts (IFRS) and willingness to learn;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent Excel skills- knowledge of SAP would be an advantage.
Monitise is the largest Mobile Money specialist in the world with a single-minded and realistic vision: to make money totally mobile across the globe and provides services to more than 300 financial institutions and has partnerships with most UK high street banks. It also has strategic partnerships with Visa Inc., Visa Europe, RBS Group and FIS to create and deliver their Mobile Money services in developed and developing markets.
To apply for this position please follow the link below to submit a relevant covering letter and CV.