Mae Lynch is working exclusively with our Oxford based public practice client in order to recruit a Senior Accountant to join their firm.
Our client is an established firm of accountants with a diverse portfolio of clients covering a wide range of industries and business entities as well as HNWI, charities and schools. Having recently taken on a significant number of new clients the need has now arisen for an experienced Senior Accountant to join their team.
This exciting opportunity will ideally suit an ACCA finalist or newly qualified accountant or a qualified by experienced candidate with a solid track record.
The role has a breadth of responsibilities with a mixture of financial year-end; business and personal taxation; one-off projects; close involvement with a specific client base; management accounting and general business administration. This position is ideal for someone with a wish for diversity and a variety of challenges within an interactive work environment.
This opportunity is considerable and there will be few constraints to your personal growth and development save only in your own calibre and ability.
The successful candidate will have general business awareness gained either in a commercial organisation or a business-orientated accounts practice in addition you will be team orientated with a need to get involved and recognise that your personal drive will influence your own and the team’s performance.
Within this role the successful candidate will undertake a wide range of general accounting duties including: -
- Be a point of contact for a mixture of delegated and newly-won clients, manage their needs and undertake ad hoc assignments
- Complete year-end accounts to partner final review stage for limited companies and limited liability partnerships
- Prepare personal and partnership tax returns to include PAYE, unearned income, tax deductions, pensions, self employed and partnership income
- Complete business tax returns and supplementary reports for HMRC
- Increase your personal knowledge through education, training and experience
- Have a good understanding of management accounts on a variety of business accounting packages such that you could undertake period reviews and explain in layman’s terms any complications of the business
- Be able to train and develop staff and clients on new business software, internal controls and procedures, and getting the best from their own resources
- Maintain a personal development plan to update technical knowledge through formal and informal training to recognised standards
- Be able, knowledgeable and competent on Microsoft Word, Excel and a recognised accounting package - Sage or similar, and be able to learn new accounting programs within short timescales