Assistant Tax Manager
EA is one of the largest and most successful computer games companies in the world. Established in 1982, EA is responsible for developing and publishing key games titles such as FIFA, Need For Speed and The Sims under its EA Play, EA Sports and EA Games labels on PC, Console and the internet. Net revenue for the year ending 31 March 2012 was in excess of $4bn per annum and revenue growth is forecast in the current economic environment.
EA Tax is looking for an Assistant Tax Manager to join the European Tax Team. The role would include assisting the UK Group tax compliance process and ad hoc UK projects. It would also include assisting the European Tax Team on Global compliance and ad hoc European projects when required.
The role is based in Guildford and reports directly to the Senior Tax Manager (Northern Region) and will work along side the existing European Tax and VAT teams. Our work environment is fun, fast-paced and rewarding. We provide a unique environment for learning, developing and we’re looking for an energetic and highly motivated individual to join us.
Specific tasks for this role include the following:
- Support the preparation of the UK tax computation and returns including the return to provision reconciliation and statute of limitation expiry dates.
- Support the US GAAP & FAS109 analysis of the UK Group at year end.
- Manage the UK royalty withholding tax reconciliation.
- Support the preparation of the R&D tax credit claim.
- Supporting the Tax Department on UK tax audits and related matters.
- Manage and support ad hoc European tax projects, for example restructuring various intra group arrangements.
- Keeping abreast of UK and European legislative developments that impact the UK Group.
- UK tax knowledge and experience with UK tax compliance.
- Work experience in large public accounting firm or industry.
- Preferably ACA & CTA qualified.
- Strong tax accounting skills, US GAAP and FAS109 skills being an advantage.
- Outgoing personality with good communication and writing skills and a can-do attitude.
- High ethics and work standards and professionalism.
- Pro-active self-starter and can work with minimum supervision.
- Have an innate interest in learning more about tax.
please click the apply button to find out more about this exciting role.
About Electronic Arts
EA is one of the largest and most successful computer games companies in the world.