Chief Financial Officer
The Fred. Olsen Company originated in Norway in 1848 when three Olsen brothers bought their first ships and began an international shipping company. Now into the fifth generation of the family, Fred. Olsen related companies continue to grow and expand into new areas.
Fred. Olsen Ltd. is a private company with business interests across the UK including renewable energy, travel and forest management. Due to retirement, we are seeking to appoint a new Chief Financial Officer who will report into the CEO and have a place on the Fred. Olsen Ltd. Board. You will have overall responsibility for all aspects of financial management across the organisation including our foreign subsidies. You will be accountable for developing, implementing and monitoring the financial strategy, systems, policies and procedures to ensure that they meet the changing demands of the business.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Company accounts and company secretarial activities
- Financial strategy and all aspects of financial management across the organisation
- Ensuring that effective budget preparation, implementation and reporting processes are in place across all of our businesses
- Cash and tax management
- Reviewing legal and commercial contracts
- Identifying and assessing business opportunities
You will be a highly motivated, resourceful, chartered accountant ideally with a track record of operating at board level of a multi-portfolio privately owned company. You will have a sound knowledge of taxation and be adept in dealing with acquisitions, both in the UK and overseas.
You will be competent in building, maintaining and motivating teams of financial and non-financial staff at varied levels and as an ambassador for the Fred. Olsen Group of Companies, you will be assertive yet approachable with an ability to build lasting relationships.
Due to the nature of our current business interests, a working knowledge of the Renewable or Travel industries would be advantageous but not essential.
The salary offered will be competitive; the exact figure will be dependent on experience and fit for the role. In addition to salary, you will be entitled to a comprehensive benefit package. You will be based at our UK headquarters in Vincent Square, London, although a significant amount of national and international travel will be required.
Closing date: Sunday 9th December
To apply, please click "apply now" to upload your CV to website or e-mail CV including a covering letter summarising your suitability for the role. Please include details of your notice period, availability to interview, current package and package sought. We would also appreciate if you could confirm where you saw the position advertised.
+44 (0) 7557 920 090
No agencies please.
More jobs like this
- £120,000 or more Utilities / Energy generation Accountant jobs in Hampshire
- £120,000 or more Utilities / Energy generation Finance Manager jobs in Hampshire
- £120,000 or more Utilities / Energy generation Financial Director jobs in Hampshire
- £120,000 or more Utilities / Energy generation Tax jobs in Hampshire