Finance and Information Director
You will work directly to the Chief Executive and will be responsible for the financial health of the organisation. The role has a wide remit and requires an individual who can contribute to the whole strategic agenda, rather than just a qualified accountant.
The Finance Director is responsible for providing sound advice on the financial implications affecting the charity, ensuring that all of its resources are safeguarded and used in the most effective manner. It has responsibility for leading and developing on the IT strategy and also has managerial responsibility for the housing function.
Key Responsibilities for the Finance Director
- Be pro active in providing advice to aid in the formulation of policy & strategy, in turn aiding in the achievement of optimum returns on resources
- Contribute to the strategic development of the charity ensuring long-term financial growth and stability, in line with the ethos, mission and values of the Charity.
- Reviewing all material contracts, agreeing commercial terms and ensuring they are signed by the appropriate person.
- Ensuring the financial health of the organisation including all budgetary and financial monitoring information is accurate and timely
- Responsible for the design, operation and performance of the IT infrastructure and systems used by Response. Advising on the future use of IT in all its forms including new software applications.
- Act as Company Secretary
- Provide line management to the finance and housing teams
Essential Experience for the Finance Director
- Professional qualification in Accountancy
- Leadership - Must have held a Deputy or Finance Director or equivalent Board position
- Wider strategic experience - managing a diverse portfolio of tasks
- Commercial understanding and experience of tendering exercises
- Excellent IT skills and the ability to formulate and develop IT strategy
- Knowledge of property investments would be an advantage
For an informal chat, contact John McLaughlin, Chief Executive on 01865 397950
More jobs like this
- £40,000 - £49,999 Public sector / NGO Accountant jobs in Berkshire
- £40,000 - £49,999 Public sector / NGO Finance Manager jobs in Berkshire
- £40,000 - £49,999 Public sector / NGO Financial Accountant jobs in Berkshire
- £40,000 - £49,999 Public sector / NGO Financial Controller jobs in Berkshire
- £40,000 - £49,999 Public sector / NGO Financial Director jobs in Berkshire