Group Financial Accountant
Operating in a market that has an estimated value of £190 billion, we are a member of the FTSE 250 index, with a premium listing on the LSE, over 6 million policyholders and assets under management of around £71 billion.
As a Group Financial Accountant, you’ll work and liaise closely with all divisions, playing a key role in the statutory reporting process, which includes:
- Completing the consolidation of the Group for IFRS and solvency reporting, as well as assisting in the production of high quality, timely and consistent statutory accounts
- Contributing to the analysis of financial information and subsequent drafting of executive commentaries in relation to group financial performance
- Participating and sometimes leading on ad-hoc financial reporting and project work in respect of financial accounting, Solvency II and the development of COGNOS controller
- Active involvement in the management of the statutory audit process to ensure it ties in with production timetables and allows for the timely escalation and resolution of issues
Ideally, we’re looking for a fully qualified accountant from a financial services background, who can demonstrate:
- Strong financial reporting and technical accounting skills, spanning a range of reporting standards, coupled with proven and relevant IFRS reporting expertise
- The necessary confidence to provide expert advice to senior management and business unit accountants/actuaries on a broad variety of financial reporting issues
- Direct experience of COGNOS and a good, practical grasp of large scale consolidations, as well as related financial IT systems and exposure to appropriate control frameworks
- The ability to make an immediate contribution in a technically challenging and complex environment that’s representative of a listed company, moving towards Solvency II
Any direct knowledge of Solvency II and/or the Life & Pensions sector would also be desirable.
Financial Services Sector (Life & Pensions) - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
To apply online simply click the Apply button