Through the current economic times, the size and success of the University of Sussex continues to grow and our attractiveness to International Students remains as high as ever. As one of the leading research universities in the country, we are a forward thinking and commercially focused institution, and much of this success comes from a committed and dynamic workforce.
As part of our growth, an opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Accountant to work across the business, exploring and evaluating exciting commercial finance initiatives. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the successful candidate will be a qualified accountancy professional responsible for the following:
- Preparing draft business cases for new initiatives;
- Managing, communicating and liaising with third party professional advisors;
- Producing complex forecasting models for new programmes;
- Assessing contractual partnerships and analysing associated risks;
- Engaging with a broad range of internal stakeholders as a business partner to provide an advisory service as a ‘thought leader’;
- Supporting commercial decision making on fee and scholarship policy;
- Delivering clear and professional written reports and verbal presentations at the most senior level.
This is an exciting, challenging and rewarding position in an organisation that fosters a cohesive but dynamic culture.
To apply, or for further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 020 7747 4922