This job is no longer available
The Victoria & Albert Museum, a world renowned organisation, is a Non-Departmental Public Body funded directly by the Department for Culture Media and Sport. It has an annual income of £60m, £40m of Grant in Aid and the balance from fundraising, exhibition entry and trading activities with annual running costs of c£50m.
Capital spending, currently at £10m per annum, will increase over the next five years to refurbish the Europe 1600-1800 galleries and create a new courtyard entrance and temporary exhibition galleries.
As part of the Senior Management Team, this key role will help develop the organisation, manage its finances, lead its financial strategy, minimise financial risks and achieve value for money in its procurement.
· get involved with the team at a detailed level and support them in producing accurate and timely information;
· be able to improve systems and processes and increase departmental efficiency;
· be a strong communicator and presenter who can empathise with and support your colleagues in achieving organisational goals.
You will have a strong drive to get things done and the confidence and gravitas to work with the Board of Trustees and develop external relationships.
Essentially, you will hold a recognised CCAB accountancy qualification or equivalent and must have:
· significant experience working in a senior financial role (CFO,FD or equivalent) in a large organisation;
· line managed and developed a finance team of at least 5 people;
· been involved in large capital projects;
· experience in commercial contract review;
· chaired formal meetings at Board, committee or similar level;
· produced written reports to a high standard.
We are also interested in someone who has:
· contributed to revenue growth;
· hands-on experience with large accounting systems;
· worked with Government or in a regulated environment;
· sat on internal audit and /or investment committees;
· used Excel regularly to an advanced level;
· experience of producing or maintaining risk registers;
· a general understanding of VAT and other taxes.
Circa £80,000 plus pension and benefits.
Applicants should provide a covering letter that explains how their experience matches with the essential components above. Any additional information relating to the non-essential areas that we are also interested in would increase the likelihood of selection. Please also provide your CV in support of your application.
Those candidates selected for interview will be informed via email.
This was provided by AAR: http://www.aar.uk.com