This job is no longer available
The Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) is a world first financial incentive scheme for renewable heat generation. The scheme will help the UK reduce carbon emissions and hit its EU renewable energy targets.
Ofgem have been appointed by DECC to administer the RHI scheme. This will include the assessment of a large volume of applications to verify eligibility, authorising and processing payments to participants, and handling enquiries from participants.
In this role you will support the Finance Manager on all issues related to the accurate and timely scheme payments to participants, and the accurate forecasting and management of funds to support the RHI.
- Minimum of six ‘GCSE’ or two ‘A’ levels and AAT qualified or part qualified, or equivalent professional qualifications.
- Proven ability to complete monthly management accounts and reports.
- Operational experience in an accounts payable and/or credit control environment.
- Attention to detail, with proven ability to proactively prioritise, plan and demonstrate flexibility in scheduling complex tasks in high pressure situations.
- Excellent numerical, analytical and communication skills including preparation of reports for senior management
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- IT literate, proficient in the use of MS Word and PowerPoint and with advanced Excel skills (e.g. VLookup and pivot tables).
- Experience in using SUN Accounts V4.3.3 and Vision Q&A 10 or a similar financial system.
To find out how you can be part of the future of the energy debate, please visit our website by clicking apply now to find out more and to apply.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 9am, 3 December 2012.
Please quote reference OFG/965 in all correspondence.
What we offer you: 25 days annual leave; rising to 30 days after two years excellent training and development opportunities the opportunity to join the Civil Service pension arrangements, which include a valuable range of benefits flexible working hours and family friendly policies subsidised gym and restaurant (London only) interest free season ticket loan, and an excellent working environment.
CVs will not be accepted or read. Please be aware that candidates may be required to undertake testing as part of the selection process. You will be required to complete a baseline security check. No agencies please.
In general, only nationals from the following countries (and associations of countries) are eligible for employment in the UK Civil Service: the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, the Commonwealth, the EEA, Switzerland and Turkey. Certain family members of EEA, Swiss and Turkish nationals are also eligible regardless of their nationality. Candidates from the Commonwealth must be free from any restrictions to take up employment in the UK. For full details, go to http://www.civilservice.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/nationality-rules.pdf
Ofgem is an equal opportunities employer.
Promoting choice and value for all gas and electricity customers