This post will report to the Financial Controller and will be a key member of the finance team. It is envisaged that this person will take responsibility for the annual Membership subscriptions and the monthly management accounts.
We are currently recruiting for the Association of British Insurers (The ABI) The ABI is the voice of Insurance, representing the general insurance, investment and long term savings industry. The ABI now has over 300 members and represents the whole of the industry accounting for 90% of premiums in the UK. The business is split in to 2 areas covering Policy and Research.
This post will report to the Financial Controller and will be a key member of the finance team. It is envisaged that this person will take responsibility for the annual Membership subscriptions and the monthly management accounts
- Prepare and monitor monthly management accounts
- Maintain annual accounts, chart of account and budgets
- Be responsible for collection of the main ABI subscriptions including the control of premium income returns and calculation of membership fees
- Complete the Annual taxation return
- Quarterly VAT returns including reconciliation to the General Ledger.
Experience and attributes
Accounting qualification at Part or newly qualified level
Experience of working in a complex accounting function
Proven management accounting experience
Challenge the status quo
Drive, enthusiasm, ambition and energy
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious candidate seeking to further build their career.
All third party applications will be forwarded to Murray McIntosh.