This job is no longer available
Jaguar Land Rover is a business built around two iconic British car brands that designs, engineers and manufactures in the UK and is one of the world’s premier manufacturers of luxury saloons, sports cars and sports utility vehicles. With investment in products approaching £2 billion a year, Jaguar Land Rover is at the centre of the UK automotive industry’s drive to deliver technical innovation in all areas of vehicle development. Jaguar Land Rover directly employs more than 25,000 people globally, supports approximately 170,000 jobs in the supply chain and its annual exports generate over £6 billion for the UK economy.
Recent key highlights have included record revenues; recruitment of over 8,000 new employees over the past 2 years to grow supply in line with demand; the launch of the all new Range Rover (the world’s first SUV with a lightweight all aluminium body), breaking ground at a new engine factory in Wolverhampton currently under construction and also breaking ground by obtaining approval to set up a joint venture to manufacture Jaguar Land Rover vehicles in China, and the opening of a new £370m facility in Solihull to manufacture the new Range Rover.
The business recognizes the importance of providing robust financial information to enable sound decision making. Against this backdrop of unprecedented growth and development, the Finance department is recruiting a new Financial Controller for the Solihull site.
Managing a team of 10+ and reporting to the Finance Manufacturing Controller, your key duties will be to:
- Support the strategic business planning process, budgeting and forecasting activities for Solihull manufacturing, including the delivery of financials and action plans.
- Provide financial business partnering and strategic insight to the operations team to ensure sound decision making and to ensure that the new facilities at Solihull are fully optimised. Ensure a customer focused approach to internal stakeholders.
- Manage, develop and evolve your team to deliver more efficiency, proactivity and flexibility. Develop a culture of empowerment to ensure that all employees take responsibility for the ongoing success of the department.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- Educated to graduate level and a qualified accountant. Have clear demonstrable experience of working in a business partnering capacity. Exposure to working in a large, multinational complex organisation within manufacturing or engineering.
- Candidates should be highly motivated, have strong influencing skills, thrive on challenge, be a self-starter and proactive. Ideally with project management & SAP experience.
- Able to demonstrate passion for the products and desire to make a difference. You will have the commercial and business acumen and the drive and confidence to take responsibility for this pivotal area of the business.
To apply online please click the apply now button below.