Senior Finance Manager
BIMM, the leading provider of modern music education in the UK, is seeking a Senior Finance Manager. This is a newly created position that will report directly to the Group Finance Director.
The organisation has four sites around the country: BIMM Brighton, BIMM Bristol, TMS London and BIMM Dublin. Being private equity backed, it offers a unique opportunity to join a team of commercially minded professionals within an exciting industry.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- primary responsibility for all financial aspects of two or more of the colleges within the Group, working with the Principals responsible for the colleges and the management team to ensure they understand the financial performance and risks or opportunities faced by the colleges and their implications
- responsibility for some the Group aspects (overheads, banking/treasury, consolidation of reporting, initial drafting of reports to shareholders/Board, taxation, audit co-ordination, etc) and act as a primary finance contact in the absence of the Finance Director
- supporting the Finance Director in relation to any reporting or queries regarding the colleges as well as ensuring business cases are developed and managed, as well as capital in line with budget and longer term strategic plans
- responsibility for ensuring financial control, robustness of reporting, and development of business plans for the colleges, and manage direct reports are appropriate (c.2-3 FTE)
- management of statutory and other returns required for the corporate entities that the colleges operate within
- cash management and reporting, which is a key element of the role.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills as it is extremely important to liaise on a regular basis with non-finance staff and other stakeholders throughout the business. They will be a qualified accountant, and will have extensive experience of managing a finance team within a SME business. They will be 'hands on' while at the same time comfortable presenting to and dealing with senior management. A high attention to detail is essential.
This is a great opportunity for a proven finance manager or financial controller to join a truly unique business.
For further information please visit our dedicated recruitment microsite www.hays.co.uk/jobs/bimm
Ref Code: ADV354303AA2
Closing Date: 26/12/12