This job is no longer available
Joining Phoenix provides an outstanding opportunity to develop and extend your proven finance and operational risk management expertise with one of ‘Britain’s Top Employers 2012’ and the UK's largest closed life & pension fund consolidator.
Operating in a market that has an estimated value of £190 billion, we are a fast developing FTSE listed company, with over 6 million policyholders and assets under management of around £71 billion, that’s fully intent on becoming a ‘best in class’ financial and risk management enterprise.
As a key member of our Finance Change, Planning and Risk function, you’ll be seen as an ‘Internal Expert’ on all finance/operational risk matters, undertaking a role that will involve:
- Providing genuine oversight and challenge in respect of effectively managing risk and controls across our Life Finance Division
- Embedding a risk management framework that ensures full finance compliance with regulatory standards and internal requirements
- Making a significant contribution to the on-going improvement of the control environment, including the provision of relevant and robust MI
- Acting as a conduit between risk, internal audit and finance teams, whilst providing appropriate support, guidance and advice.
Ideally we’re looking for either a qualified accountant, actuary or risk management professional, with significant and relevant experience in a similar capacity, who can demonstrate:
- A sound appreciation of finance, coupled with a practical and solid understanding of risk and controls, preferably gained from the Life and Pensions sector
- Proven leadership and management skills, backed by the necessary gravitas and passion to provide a positive team dynamic and drive things forward
- The ability to think strategically and assert influence at all levels, in order to highlight the added value this role can bring and the potential it offers.
In return, you can look forward to first class rewards and genuine prospects for continuing career development in a quality driven business, with exciting plans ahead.
To apply online, simply visit our site by clicking on the apply now button.