Accounts Assistant - Public Practice - Northampton
Accounts Assistant - Northampton c£18K
Purpose of role:
- To have responsibility for the conduct of statutory accounts, management accounts, sole trader and partnership accounts.
- To provide payroll support, to complete P11d’s and tax computations
- General accounting assistance within the department, as instructed by the partners and BSD manager in accordance with the standards of the firm and profession and to contribute to the development of the firm.
- Responsible for the accountancy process from planning through to completion either in charge or as part of a team.
- Day-to-day control of assignments to ensure that they are completed within the agreed timetable and budget and that a good working relationship is maintained with the client.
- Provide information necessary to support suggestions and recommendations to be included as business advisory comments in reports for the client.
- To identify opportunities to provide our clients with additional services.
- Ideally AAT qualified
- At least two years experience in a Practice environment, ideally having worked with a variety of clients with experience of planning and completion.
- Experience of providing on-the-job training to other staff members.
- IT literate, with experience of using electronic accounting packages.
About Wavelength - Public Practice Recruitment
At Wavelength we specialise in providing permanent and temporary accountancy staff to Professional firms of Accountants, from trainee to direct Partner entry.