This job is no longer available
Help shape the future of a very successful college.
If you’re a qualified or finalist accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA) with excellent IT skills, you can play an important part in the management of a highly successful college. Heading up our finance function, you will oversee all aspects of budgeting, management information and statutory accounting to give us firm foundations on which to build.
With two excellent modern campuses plus specialist Motor Vehicle and Energy Centres, we offer a wide range of vocational and academic courses at both further and higher education level. We have a truly commercial mindset and focus on delivering valuable skills for the real world, and as a result maintain close links with local businesses to meet their training needs and exceed their expectations.
Enjoying considerable variety and visibility, you will:
- Develop sound planning systems and financial controls
- Advise on project costing for external bids
- Assist the Head of Human Resources in preparing statutory returns
- Closely partner the College Accountant to provide effective support to line managers
- Evaluate the legal, tax and financial implications of everything we do
- Present reports at Corporation and sub-committee meetings
To join us, you will need:
- Expert knowledge of spreadsheets and computerised accounting packages
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills
- Demonstrable management experience and a background in further or higher education (ideal but not essential)
In return, we offer excellent rewards and prospects, including extensive support to complete your qualifications if you have not already done so.
Application packs are available to download from www.sussexcoast.ac.uk
Please enclose a supporting statement. CV’s will only be accepted in exceptional circumstances. Please note that it is not college policy to pay interview expenses.
Closing date: 16th December 2012.