This job is no longer available
Our Client is a fast growing and highly successful international investment advisory boutique. Headquartered in London with a tax free off-shore presence, they develop unique investment opportunities for large institutions and High Net Worth Investors, spanning the whole liquidity spectrum. Founded and managed by successful investment bankers, the business has enjoyed substantial growth since 2009, which has led to the requirement for a dedicated in-house accountancy function.
In addition to producing monthly financial accounts and returns the new appointment will be encouraged to work with the board to identify and implement new management information policies and procedures aimed at complying with the UK regulatory reporting environment with the ultimate objective and increasing profitability for the group. As the business develops, you will become integral in the commercial direction that the business will take and if successful in the recommendations made and intelligence provided, will lead to the appointment of Chief Financial Officer.
You be familiar with the UK regulatory environment governing financial institutions under the FSA guidelines and understand ICAAP and CF29 reporting. Either a fully qualified FSA regulated accountant or having worked within a regulated environment, the company is ready to sponsor full membership to those candidates able to demonstrate a strong understanding of these practices.
Financial and Management Accounting:
- Processing and managing invoices, payments, director & partners expenses, group bank accounts and treasury.
- Process all HMRC returns whether monthly, quarterly or yearly as directed by the partners.
- Make payments to suppliers, staff and subcontractors as instructed.
- Assist in preparation of asset liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analysing account information (External Accountant has main responsibility).
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations. FSA compliance.
- Identify key growth and profitability trends, present strategic recommendations at board level.
- Advise on changing group and corporate structures.
- Review the use of the current accounting software and produce financial analytical information required and ensuring that weekly/monthly MI can be produced quickly and easily.
- Define new robust business processes for the future to assist in the continued profitable growth of the business.
- Cash flow forecasting on a monthly basis
- Have a good understanding of UK regulatory reporting including ICAAP and CF29
- You will have gained exposure to a small to medium sized services based business environment, ideally within an international environment.
- Able to provide financial and management accounting services, within a fast growing entrepreneurial environment.
- ACCA, CIMA, ACA Qualified
- Strong communication and presentation skills. European language skills would be an advantage.
- Potential to grow to the most senior level within the bank.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced accountant to consolidate their experience to date within a role that has outstanding growth potential and the opportunity to reach the highest levels. You will be encouraged to develop within the role and grow as a function of the successful recommendations that you advise. If you fill the requirements please send your CV and salary details as soon as possible to receive a full job specification and briefing. A competitive Basic and Bonus structure is on offer, designed to attract and retain the most talented and committed accounting professionals.