This job is no longer available
In this role, you will provide analytical support within the Regulatory Finance team on a range of financial issues affecting energy network companies, including business performance, tax, pensions and the regulatory asset value.
In addition, you will deal with routine compliance management and associated issues arising, and contribute to other areas covered by the Regulatory Finance team, including financial stability assurance, price control development and financial analysis.
- Experience of financial reporting and analysis, in a regulatory or commercial environment.
- A background in accountancy, or able to demonstrate the ability to understand and interpret the information contained in financial statements and accompanying reports.
- Good Microsoft Office skills, including the ability to develop Excel workbooks for information management.
- The ability to draft clear instructions and reports for use by internal and external stakeholders.
- The ability to understand applicable legislation and licence requirements and to contribute to the drafting of licence modifications, when necessary.
- Familiarity with the energy or other utility sectors, or an appreciation of the basis for economic regulation.
To find out how you can be part of the future of the energy debate, please visit our website to find out more and to apply by clicking on the apply now button below.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 9am, 21 January 2013.
Please quote reference OFG/979 in all correspondence.
What we offer you: 25 days annual leave; rising to 30 days after two years excellent training and development opportunities the opportunity to join the Civil Service pension arrangements, which include a valuable range of benefits flexible working hours and family friendly policies subsidised gym and restaurant (London only) interest free season ticket loan, and an excellent working environment.
CVs will not be accepted or read. Please be aware that candidates may be required to undertake testing as part of the selection process. You will be required to complete a baseline security check. No agencies please.
In general, only nationals from the following countries (and associations of countries) are eligible for employment in the UK Civil Service: the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, the Commonwealth, the EEA, Switzerland and Turkey. Certain family members of EEA, Swiss and Turkish nationals are also eligible regardless of their nationality. Candidates from the Commonwealth must be free from any restrictions to take up employment in the UK. For full details, go to http://www.civilservice.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/nationality-rules.pdf
Ofgem is an equal opportunities employer.
Promoting choice and value for all gas and electricity customers