Senior Manager, Electricity Distribution Costs & Outputs, Band D.
£43,600 - £56,650 p.a. (dependent on skills and expertise)
Ofgem is currently developing the arrangements for the first RIIO price control in electricity distribution (RIIO-ED1). This will set the allowed revenues for the electricity distribution companies for 8 years from 2015 to 2023 and comes at a time of significant changes for these companies, as they take steps to facilitate the move to a low carbon economy. This role is to lead a portfolio of assessment work for RIIO-ED1 as well to review ongoing performance in the current DPRC5 period.
As a strategic thinker, you will lead the work on developing Ofgem’s RIIO-ED1 proposals for assessing either reinforcement-related expenditure, connections expenditure and associated outputs in these areas, or non-reinforcement related expenditure (asset replacement, refurbishment, inspections and maintenance), including the development of health indices. This work will involve leading working groups, drafting consultation documents, assessing business plans and developing the required licence and reporting arrangements. It will also involve the ongoing monitoring of the DPCR5 arrangements in these areas.
- Good report drafting skills, with expertise in standard Microsoft Office packages, especially Excel.
- Strong communication, influencing and relationship building skills.A degree, or equivalent qualification in a relevant field (e.g. economics, engineering, accountancy, finance) and an appropriate level of experience, preferably with exposure to regulatory, audit or commercial issues.
- Ability to gather and validate data, as well as analyse and present complex historical and forecast accounting and operational information.
- Expertise in quantitative and qualitative analysis and familiarity with concepts of economic regulation.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver key projects to challenging timescales, within a team environment.
- Capability in team management and staff development.
To find out how you can be part of the future of the energy debate, please visit our website to find out more and to apply by clicking on the apply now button below.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 9am, 21 January 2013.
Please quote reference OFG/984 in all correspondence.
What we offer you: 25 days annual leave; rising to 30 days after two years excellent training and development opportunities the opportunity to join the Civil Service pension arrangements, which include a valuable range of benefits flexible working hours and family friendly policies subsidised gym and restaurant (London only) interest free season ticket loan, and an excellent working environment.
CVs will not be accepted or read. Please be aware that candidates may be required to undertake testing as part of the selection process. You will be required to complete a baseline security check. No agencies please.
In general, only nationals from the following countries (and associations of countries) are eligible for employment in the UK Civil Service: the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, the Commonwealth, the EEA, Switzerland and Turkey. Certain family members of EEA, Swiss and Turkish nationals are also eligible regardless of their nationality. Candidates from the Commonwealth must be free from any restrictions to take up employment in the UK. For full details, go to http://www.civilservice.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/nationality-rules.pdf
Ofgem is an equal opportunities employer.
Promoting choice and value for all gas and electricity customers