This job is no longer available
A Group Statutory Accountant is required by a truly global consultancy business. They provide ‘complete lifecycle and risk management solutions to help ensure the safety, integrity & operational performance of (often high value and business critical) assets and systems.’ In short, they spot potential losses & mistakes before they happen and suggest appropriate safeguards. The business has a presence in well over 100 countries, has been established for generations, and is growing.
Reporting to the Group Statutory Accounting Manager, the newly created post of Group Statutory Accountant will have the following responsibilities:
· Support the preparation of the statutory accounts for the Group & UK and overseas subsidiaries; ensure they are completed accurately and filed on time.
· Liaise with and support UK & overseas external auditors / advisors.
· Assist in consolidating the Group accounts as part of monthly close process.
· Provide support to M&A teams; account for all M&A transactions as requested.
· Ensure statutory returns are reconciled in JDE & consistent across the globe.
· A range of ad hoc projects.
The successful applicant for the Group Statutory Accountant role is likely to be an ACA (or equivalent) who has demonstrable financial accounting and external auditing skills. You’re likely to be working or have worked in practice and this role could be an ideal stepping stone to a career with an international business the size of a FTSE-250 plc. You will be technically strong and able to manage a large volume of work. You will be able to gain the trust of key stakeholders and you will have an eye for detail too. Progression opportunities exist across the group.
iMPART encourages applicants from all ages and appointments will be made on merit alone. iMPART Recruitment Ltd operates as an employment agency and an employment business.