Senior Manager, Financial Analysis
You will provide relevant, timely financial analysis and/or guidance on the financial consequences of policy, to members of the offshore transmission senior management team. Sometimes this is achieved directly in response to requests from senior management, other times it is indirect and will involve supporting other teams on financial matters.
Working within the financial analysis team, the role will involve working with specialists in many different disciplines, including technical, legal, regulatory, economic, and commercial experts. You will also have the opportunity to gain a broad understanding of the UK energy infrastructure market, through involvement in ad hoc tasks and special projects, as they arise.
- Experience of working in a corporate finance or project finance environment, with the ability to interpret complex contracts and payment mechanisms.
- Experience of using financial analysis to understand complex business situations and support management decisions, and of reaching conclusions from sensitivity analysis and Monte Carlo analysis.
- A recognised relevant qualification (eg ACA, CFA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA) or evidence of equivalent understanding of relevant financial accounting concepts and principles from practical experience.
- Understanding of current UK tax legislation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to represent Ofgem and influence at the highest levels within the industry.
- Ability to work on own initiative to develop recommendations to senior management.
To find out how you can be part of the future of the energy debate, please visit our website to find out more and to apply by clickingon the apply now button.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 9am, 21 January 2013.
Please quote reference OFG/983 in all correspondence.
What we offer you: 25 days annual leave; rising to 30 days after two years excellent training and development opportunities the opportunity to join the Civil Service pension arrangements, which include a valuable range of benefits flexible working hours and family friendly policies subsidised gym and restaurant (London only) interest free season ticket loan, and an excellent working environment.
CVs will not be accepted or read. Please be aware that candidates may be required to undertake testing as part of the selection process. You will be required to complete a baseline security check. No agencies please.
In general, only nationals from the following countries (and associations of countries) are eligible for employment in the UK Civil Service: the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, the Commonwealth, the EEA, Switzerland and Turkey. Certain family members of EEA, Swiss and Turkish nationals are also eligible regardless of their nationality. Candidates from the Commonwealth must be free from any restrictions to take up employment in the UK. For full details, go to http://www.civilservice.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/nationality-rules.pdf
Ofgem is an equal opportunities employer.
Promoting choice and value for all gas and electricity customers
Britain’s energy industry currently stands on the cusp of great change, and Ofgem has a key role as industry regulator to help deliver a low-carbon future.