LCBT is the leading specialist college for beauty and related industries; founded in 1995 the college is now the largest in the UK delivering approx 30% of NVQ Beauty Therapy qualifications in London and works with key employers in the industry to develop appropriate qualifications that meet the needs of the sector. The college is funded directly by Skills Funding Agency. The college holds the following quality standards:
- OfSTED: Grade 2 (Good) June 2009
- Matrix Standard for Internal and External Advice, Information and Guidance: successfully reaccredited against the new standard in June 2012
Investors in People Standard: Silver June 2011
LCBT’s mission is:
Creating World Class Skills. Supporting Employers - Building Opportunities - Transforming Lives..
Job Title: Management Accountant
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
Hours: 37.5 hours per week minimum with flexibility required
Reports to: Financial Controller
Main site: Great Marlborough St/ RMS, London W1
Period of appointment: Permanent
Probationary period: 6 months
Notice Period 3 months
We are currently seeking to recruit a Management Accountant to ensure that management accounts and related information are readily available to the College. The main objectives of the post are to assist the Financial Controller and Finance Director by:
- Developing and enhancing the management accounting function in order to meet the future business needs of the College and to add value.
- Providing greater financial visibility across the College through the development of comprehensive, timely and accurate management accounting.
- Contributing to the development, implementation and maintenance of effective planning, reporting and control systems.
- Maintaining and developing resource budget monitoring and acting as a point of contact to staff regarding all aspects of budgeting.
Only applicants with the following essential skills, qualifications and experience will be considered and shortlisted for interview:
i) Part qualified ACCA, CIMA (2nd year)
ii) Experience of preparation of Management Accounts
iii) Experience of preparation of Financial Accounts
iv) Experience of computerised accounting systems
v) Advanced Excel spreadsheet skills
All applications should be accompanied with a CV and covering letter which is to include detail of your suitability in relation to the essential Skills, qualifications and experience for this role.