DIRECTOR OF FINANCE (21 hours per week)
To ensure that the Company is commercial in outlook, has sound financial systems and control designed to support its entrepreneurial approach, achieves its financial targets profitably and meets all relevant statutory requirements in the UK and all overseas territories in which it operates.
This role requires a strong, dynamic and experienced finance professional, a qualified accountant, dedicated to helping take the business to the next level.
1. Contribute to the strategic planning and direction of the Company by
making commercial and financial input both strategic and operational
as a member of the Senior Management Team and as a member of the
2. Take responsibility for implementing all financial aspects of the
strategic plan and achieving relevant objectives;
3. Manage and maintain, in close working relationship with the Partners,
the business planning and budgetary process including budgets, capital
expenditure, budget monitoring and reforecasts;
4. Ensure that the Company meets its corporate, statutory and fiscal
obligations in a timely and cost-effective manner;
5. Ensure that the company has effective financial systems, controls and
processes in place and that these are used throughout the company.
6. Agree, achieve and review financial targets and performance levels,
proposing action plans to generate additional revenues/profit and
7. Continuously evaluate and improve the Company’s financial
performance including efficient and effective treasury management;
8. Provide accurate, up to date management information both
individualised and comparative as to the performance, in financial
terms, of the Company’s different products, operational units and
9. Develop a strong commercial insight into and understanding of key
clients and suppliers;
10. Ensure the development and maintenance of high quality timely reports
and meet deadlines for financial reporting;
11. Lead the finance team, setting high personal and professional
standards, exercising effective leadership and control, with sound
communication, objective setting, appraisal and the identification of
staff training and development needs.
12. Liaise closely with colleagues at all levels throughout the Company to
ensure that commercial priorities, financial targets and disciplines are
both well understood and adhered to;
13. Support and build the business case for product and market
development both in the UK and overseas;
14. Propose financial and capital strategies and manage the financial
aspects of any acquisition process including those relating to properties
15. Ensure that arrangements are in place for effective audit both internal
16. Secure a “clean” audit.
17. Ensure that the Company is adequately covered for all reasonable risks,
with insurance policies in place and subject to regular review and
18. Constantly review, update and, when appropriate, revise the Company’s
scales of charges in respect both of its U.K. clients and its worldwide
19. Give final financial approval and authorisation, signing off the costing
and pricing of all quotations and tenders to clients before contracts are
agreed and entered into;
20. Play a major role in helping introduce a viable pension scheme for
colleagues in line with legislative requirements;
21. Liaise with the Partners to make amendments to the terms, conditions
of employment and remuneration of employees when appropriate;
22. Ensure that currency conversion is managed effectively;
23. Attend client briefings / presentations occasionally in a support role;
24. Note that, since Morris Hargreaves McIntyre serves a large number of
national and international clients, they may well be required to
undertake work in other cities and countries as and when requested;
25. Undertake other such reasonable duties as required by the Directors.
The above job description is a guide to the work you may be required to
undertake but does not form part of your contract of employment and may
change from time to time as circumstances warrant.
For Job Description, Person Specification and Online Application Form please go to http://www.lateralthinkers.com/recruitment/, or select 'apply now' below to be redirected.
Please submit application form to firstname.lastname@example.org