This job is no longer available
A Finance Manager / Project Controller is sought by a newly established AIM-listed gold exploration, mining & development company that is focused on a range of under-developed areas of Western Africa. Having raised significant funding last year they are now in a position to start construction of their first substantial development and aim to be a gold producer by early 2015 before expanding into being a mid-tier producer.
The Finance Manager / Project Controller is a newly created role to support the construction and development of their new gold mine. Reporting to Financial Controller, your duties will include:
• Developing, implementing and monitoring control procedures for mine development.
• Taking ownership of KPI’s and cost control for mine development.
• Providing assistance across a range of corporate transactions.
• Designing / preparing Board and management reporting packs.
• Playing an active role in creating and running a Treasury function.
• Assisting in Group financial reporting and managing remote staff.
• A wide range of ad hoc projects.
The ideal candidate for the Finance Manager / Project Controller role will be a qualified ACA / CA (other qualifications considered) who has trained with either a Big 4 or other reputable firm. You will be looking for a role that has both variety & dynamism and you will be a self-starter who is comfortable working autonomously. You will ideally have prior mining / energy, construction or engineering experience and you will relish a role where you will be responsible for setting your own structure. You will be expected to travel for a week each quarter as well. Opportunities exist as the company grows and develops further sites.
iMPART encourages applicants from all ages and appointments will be made on merit alone. iMPART Recruitment Ltd operates as an employment agency and an employment business.