If you’re a qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA with experience of working in a commercial, dynamic environment and have a good understanding of financial modelling, consider a move to the Dover Harbour Board, one of the world’s busiest and most successful ferry ports.
Responsible for the administration, maintenance and improvement of the harbour at Dover, every year, we take responsibility for over 14 million passengers and 5.5 million vehicles travelling through our port, as well as other major shipping activities. As part of our promoting growth and value agenda, we’re currently looking for a customer focused Commercial Accountant with a proven ability to drive for change and deliver on their promises, to join our finance team.
As Commercial Accountant you will:
- Ensure all financial management reporting is produced in a timely and accurate manner
- Have input into the planning cycle through detailed budgeting and forecasting
- Carry out financial analysis of activities to assist senior management and business managers with decision making
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and calculate accruals and payments
- Facilitate communication on risk and safety issues between the finance team and senior management
- Manage the workload of the direct reports in your team
As Commercial Accountant you’ll need:
- A higher education to degree level or equivalent and a recognised accountancy qualification
- Proven business partnering skills
- Financial modelling and advanced IT skills, including use of Office 2010
- A demonstrable track record of managing staff and encouraging teamwork
- A flair for communicating at all levels, particularly with non-finance managers, challenging the status quo when necessary to improve skills and expertise
- A flexible, customer focused approach and the ability to meet strict deadlines
- The ability to interpret and provide detailed analysis linking with commercially driven metrics
You can download a detailed job description and further information relating to this position on our website by clicking the apply button.
Alternatively, apply now using our online application form and email the completed form back to email@example.com with your current CV.