This job is no longer available
Purpose of the role
My client based on the outskirts of Exeter is currently looking to recruit a Commercial Accountant/Analyst, primarily responsible for developing and fulfilling the requirements for process development and business reporting. Reporting will be throughout the organisation and will contribute to Management and Financial account processes.
Standard Business Reporting and investigation
- Maintain and improve the standard business reporting. This will involve completing and evolving standard reports on a variety of frequencies
- Interpret reports and provide explanation and conclude investigations
- With the guidance of the financial director or board, carry out various analyses of standard business processes and provide deliverables as required.
- Provide support in development of new business systems and improvement projects.
- Effectively communicate results to a variety of audiences
Management & Financial Account processes
- Responsibility for element of the monthly management accounts process, including investigation and interpretation of results
- Preparation of elements of the financial accounts and assistance in Audit process.
Cover within department where required, including:
- Treasury planning
- External submissions
These are the main functions of the job but the incumbent may be required to carry out other duties as may be reasonably required to meet the demands of the business.
To succeed in this role the person needs to
· Show evidence of working to tight timescales and balancing priorities
· Have good attention to detail, whilst maintaining a flexible and adaptable approach
· Be a self-starter with the ability to work on own initiative, but within the confines of the Company’s resources and timescales
· Be IT literate, with good MS Office skills
· Possess excellent communication skills
· Strong investigation skills with an understanding of effective controls
· Demonstrated analytical ability