This job is no longer available
Play a pivotal role in our bold expansion plans.
Director of Finance and Operations
£68,000 - £72,000 + benefits
Cuckoo Hall Academies Trust (CHAT) operates three primary academies and is set to open a secondary academy in September. Since our launch in late 2010, we have enjoyed sustained and significant growth, with our turnover increasing from £2 million to £6 million per annum. We aim to more than double this figure in the short to medium term, whilst substantially growing our team to more than 200 talented professionals.
Joining our Executive Leadership Team, you will make certain we enjoy the organisational and financial control we require to thrive, with a remit spanning Finance, HR, Administration, Facilities & Services Management, and ICT. In addition to managing, inspiring and mentoring your team, you will be a trusted adviser to the Chief Executive and Board, with full responsibility for all aspects of legal compliance. Quite simply, we will look to you to build on our achievements, champion continuous improvement and embed best practice at the heart of everything we do.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be a graduate and ideally a qualified accountant (AAT, ACA, ACMA or CIPFA).
- Bring a proven track record in strategic management within a school, academy or other educational setting.
- Have the skills to manage budgets exceeding £4 million, prepare annual audited accounts and company returns, and create synergy across diverse disciplines.
- Be a powerful change-agent with real flair for procurement and negotiation.
- Have a deep understanding of complex ICT systems and broad knowledge of company and charity law.
- Be a true self-starter with a clear vision and the discipline to translate your ideas into achievements.
If you have got what it takes, it’s time we talked.
Closing date for applications: Midday, Monday 11th February 2013.
Interview date: w/c 25th February 2013.