Reporting to the Chief Accountant, the post-holder will deliver sound governance to underpin the preparation and presentation of financial and commercial information on the performance of the relevant business areas. This will be done to high standards and to tight deadlines and the post-holder will use this information to add value to the organisation.
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Provide analysis and support to Management for Rental, Used Trucks, Bus, Coach and Engines.
- Produce succinct and relevant data for Executive and Board meetings.
- Develop and continually improve best practice within the finance function.
- Ensure compliance with corporate governance policies.
- Develop credible commercial acumen in order to provide the correct balance of support and challenge to the front line teams with a view to maximising profits.
- Deliver credible and appropriate forecasts and market plans that support the organisation’s growth objectives and that have buy-in from the budget holders.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent technical ability.
- Ability to interpret and recommend actions based on multiple information sources.
- Effective communication and presentation skills both verbally and written.
- Good interpersonal skill for communication with all levels of staff within the organisation.
- High degree of computer literacy.
- Ability to organise work and work to tight deadlines.
- An ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team.
Experience / skills regarded as ideal but not essential
- Qualified accountant, ideally with a number of years’ experience in automotive accounting, ideally within the commercial vehicle industry.
- Previous experience of Kerridge Autoline/AS400 would be advantageous.
- Advanced knowledge and application of Excel, Word, Outlook and Powerpoint.
Scania’s 3 Core Values
- Customer first
- Respect for the individual
How to apply
If you wish to be considered for this opportunity, please apply to Scania Recruitment by clicking on the apply now button below.