Group Reporting Accountant
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within a well known real estate investment company; the company turned over just under £5m in 2012. The company is well known and is a highly reputable name within Europe. The company is currently looking for a Group Accountant for their head office based in the heart of the City.
- Preparation of Group consolidated monthly management accounts, forecasts and budgets including associate accounting
- Preparation of the consolidated statutory accounts and significant involvement in the audit process. Review and/or preparation of UK subsidiary trading and dormant statutory accounts.
- Working closely with the Head of Finance and auditors, support the transition to IFRS, when required
- Running accounting workshops for the year end
- Preparation of quarterly bank presentations
- Contribution to quarterly presentation packs for Board meetings
- Continuous development of system to support both management and statutory reporting requirements
- Ensure smooth running of the systems across the group, troubleshooting where possible, working with MIS/external consultants to resolve issues
- Development of SAP and Hyperion interface
- Responsibility for development of group reporting policy, prepare policy guidance notes and support implementation within businesses
- Preparation of the statutory accounts under both UK GAAP and IFRS
- Responsible for the monthly management reporting of their UK Subsidiaries
- Strong technical background, ideally with some IFRS experience.
- Qualified ACA, CIMA or ACCA, ideally from a large audit firm and desire to gain good grounding in a group role
- Experience of producing reports, with commentaries, for senior management
- Good Excel (lookups, pivot tables, charting) and Powerpoint skills
- Experience of preparation and review of UK statutory accounts, annual reports and of large complex group consolidations
- Able to meet tight deadlines, whilst maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- Flexible, adaptable and responsive to customers' needs.
- Take ownership and accountability for work
About Harper May
sector. We are unique in the way we work which means we are consulted regularly by the most prestigious companies globally on positions ranging from Accounts Clerk up to Finance Director level.
More jobs like this
- £70,000 - £79,999 Property / Housing / Real Estate Accountant jobs in London (North)
- £70,000 - £79,999 Property / Housing / Real Estate Finance Manager jobs in London (North)
- £70,000 - £79,999 Property / Housing / Real Estate Financial Controller jobs in London (North)
- £70,000 - £79,999 Property / Housing / Real Estate Financial Director jobs in London (North)