Head of Financial Accounting
A unique business operating in the financial services field is seeking a Head of Financial Accounting for their team. This business is on the cusp of public awareness and carries realistic potential for significant growth.
This role would be well suited to someone who has operated at Group Financial Controller level with experience of managing small-mid sized teams at senior finance level.
The successful candidate will be a strong advocate of collaboration with other teams and will be able to instill a business partnering frame of mind within their direct team. This is a high-calibre team who require an enthusiastic leader to help them embed financial controls changes across the business.
- Ensure the production of timely, accurate and unqualified financial accounts including their presentation to Trustee Members
- Ensure that the business maintains effective financial controls
- Engage with colleagues across the business and with suppliers, particularly our pension administrators, in order to deliver accounting and control requirements
- Engage with the three sets of auditors
- Support the continued improvement of internal controls processes including embedding these within the wider business.
- Improve the financial control and reporting framework for the business for the collection of income and payment of amounts due
- Work as part of the finance senior management team, together with the Head of Management Accounting, to support the Finance Director in the running of the Finance team and provide support for financial information to the wider business
- Build a strong and highly motivated financial accounting team which is an integral part of the business
- Significant post qualification financial accounting experience to senior level
- Experience of pension schemes would be helpful
- Experience of communicating credibly and confidently with stakeholders including senior management at director/Exec level, Trustee Members and Auditors
- Experience of delivering change by managing and developing people effectively (through direct and matrix management)