Senior Finance Analyst
Robert Half is currently recruiting for a Senior Finance Analyst for a leading Charitable organisation working across the IT Sector.
The organisation offers digital services and solutions across the UK. The charity does this to achieve its vision for the UK to be the most digitally advanced education and research nation in the world.
Working together across within a Specialised field, this organisation provides trusted advice and support, reduces sector costs across shared network, digital content, IT services and procurement negotiations, ensuring the sector stays ahead of the game with research and development for the future.
This role will control the Costing System through detailed analysis and supporting colleagues to control costs effectively. Another crucial aspect will be to liaise closely with finance and non-finance colleagues across the Group to deliver the key outputs required.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Ensure costs of services are accurate and up to date, reflect the latest practices; updating costs as required.
- Construct and develop data accumulation systems for cost accounting.
- Create and review controls for data accumulation and reporting systems.
- Prepare weekly and monthly KPI reports.
- Work with the Group Financial Controller to implement and apply cost accounting policies and procedures as they are derived.
- Perform ad hoc service/department/directorate cost analysis to support the operations.
- Report on margins by service and value streams.
- Complete monthly cost variance analysis.
- Prepare monthly reports as required by the Group Financial Controller.
- Create, implement and monitor the costs for new items.
- Carry out financial analysis and investigation on costs to improve performance and support new opportunities.
- Provide information to support key strategic decisions and provide advice and guidance on the implications of business decisions.
- Report on all areas of actual or potential cross-subsidy.
- Ensure that the costing system supports the VAT-exempt Cost Sharing Group
- Liaise with senior staff to ensure efficiency and best use of resources
- A Qualified accountant (ACA,ACCA,CIMA)
- Be able to demonstrable an in-depth experience of Manipulating large databases
- High level Excel Skills/Usage
- Exposure to cost accounting, reporting and variance analysis
- Coordinating and supporting multi-department teams
- Able to build positive working relationships, supported by strong communication skills (written, spoken), interacting with all levels of the business, customers and auditors
- Have strong analytical skills including the ability to rapidly interpret, concisely explain and act on complex information
- Have sound planning and organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise own workload within tight deadlines and the flexibility to change those priorities as required.
Salary: £40,000- £45,000 + benefits Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.