Head of Finance and Internal Reporting
Parkinson's is a progressive neurological condition and at Parkinson's UK we strive to drive better care, treatments and quality of life. Together we can bring forward the day when no-one fears Parkinson's and you could help us achieve this.
As well as the charity’s IT and Governance functions, the Finance, IT and Performance directorate is responsible for on-going financial management and statutory reporting for the organisation and the delivery of effective systems and processes that provide planning, performance and risk management reporting.
In this vital role, you’ll provide leadership and guidance throughout the organisation, ensuring consistent operation of effective budgetary controls and financial reporting and lead on all aspects of providing high quality and focused planning, performance and risk management reporting.
You will also support the Deputy Chief Executive / Director of Finance, IT and Performance in assisting colleagues across the organisation’s to assess the potential impact of and to implement new income streams or other initiatives (including tax and legal structures, if required). You will also deputise for the Director of Finance, IT and Performance in his / her absence.
You’ll be an excellent presenter and communicator across a broad range of stakeholders and, with significant experience in successful management, motivation and development of people. You’ll have led on annual budget preparations and in reporting financial information at senior and board level. You will be a fully qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) and have a high level of knowledge and working understanding in the practical application of current charity reporting regulations and guidance and relevant Companies Act reporting requirements.
To succeed in this role, as well as being a qualified accountant with significant experience of team leadership and internal and external reporting, you will:
- think strategically and be able to distil crucial issues and highlight key messages from the detail, both verbally and in writing
- be comfortable working with directors and other budget holders on the practical implementation and support mechanisms for new initiatives – and how we set measures to manage and report on success
- understand the importance of governance arrangements and proactively anticipate the needs of board trustees and members of sub-committees, as well as ensuring timely and effective reporting to the senior leadership team
- have a practical understanding of reporting on risks and be familiar with risk registers and risk management
- have led a multiple cost centre annual budget process in a busy environment and its relationship with the annual planning process
- embrace the use of technology to deliver more effective solutions and have an ethos that strives to deliver improved understanding in others of the importance of high quality financial and performance reporting
- have had experience of successfully working and negotiating with external advisers and non-execs
Closing date: Midnight, Monday 09 January 2017
Interview date: Thursday, 19 January 2017
Please note, only candidates shortlisted for interview will be notified.
Parkinson’s UK is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from disabled persons, including those with Parkinson’s disease.
Parkinson’s UK is the operating name of the Parkinson’s Disease Society of the United Kingdom. A charity registered in England and Wales (258197) and in Scotland (SC037554).
More searches like this
- Fully qualified Charity & Not for Profit Accountant jobs in London (Greater)
- Fully qualified Charity & Not for Profit Finance Manager jobs in London (Greater)
- Fully qualified Charity & Not for Profit Financial Controller jobs in London (Greater)
- Fully qualified Charity & Not for Profit Head of Finance jobs in London (Greater)