Business Services Senior - Northampton
Business Services Senior - Northampton c£25K - £28K
Opportunity for an AAT qualified or qualified by experience candidate with a Public Practice background dealing with the year end and management accounting requirements for owner managed businesses.
We are looking for an Outsourcing Accountant to / Business Services Senior to provide general practitioner accountancy services for companies, partnerships and sole traders: management accounts, statutory accounts and related tax services. You will play a major part in the transition to Xero's cloud based services, helping clients gain efficiencies and greater control of their finances.
· Complete sets of accounts, working from source documents/records to final accounts for review by the appropriate manager or principal
· Produce management accounts monthly and quarterly
· Oversee the progress of in-house bookkeeping assignments, ensuring that all relevant deadlines are met, with regular progress reports being forwarded to the manager
· Provide technical advice and support to clients and staff in the use of the Xero and Sage Line 50 accounting software
· Advice on system improvements/enhancements.
· Work on a wide range of accounts
· Effectively manage time to ensure that jobs are finished within budget
· Preparation of VAT returns
Qualification and Skills
· Practical knowledge/experience of accounts preparation gained from working in a practice environment.
· Knowledge of double entry and experience of manual bookkeeping
· Conversant in the use of Xero, Sage Line 50, MS Word and MS Excel
· Basic tax knowledge – how to do tax computations, PAYE, VAT
· Organisational/time management skills, methodical and logical thinking
· Communication – good written, verbal and active listening skills
· Confident when dealing with clients and getting your views across
· Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision but also a team player, able to build effective working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
· Willingness/flexibility to travel.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an expanding Top 20 firm offering career development and progression.
More searches like this
- Qualified by Experience Accounting Practice Accountant jobs in Milton Keynes
- Qualified by Experience Accounting Practice Accounts Assistant jobs in Milton Keynes
- Qualified by Experience Accounting Practice Bookkeeping jobs in Milton Keynes
- Qualified by Experience Accounting Practice Assistant Accountant jobs in Milton Keynes