Finance Business Partner
Finance Business Partner
South West England
18 hours per week
£30,739 to £34,478 per annum, pro rata
How we work
We are part of wider finance team in Action for Children but our role is to be out and about, supporting services on the ground. Our job is to use our skills and expertise, build network of relationships and work in collaboration with other teams in order to help services, and Action for Children as a whole, achieve their goal – to be always there for the most vulnerable children and young people, helping them break through injustice, deprivation and inequality, so they can achieve their full potential.
Our team in particular provide support to services in England South division. Our main tasks are: budgeting, forecasting, monthly accounting, external and internal reporting, pricing up new commercial initiatives, contract management, fostering strong working relationships with Operational counterparts by providing support and advice.
How you’ll make a difference
As the Finance Business Partner this opportunity is for a job share in which you will be looking after shared portfolios of services and being lead for specific activities or locations. The work pattern will be 3 days (total of 18 hours) per week scheduled in order to ensure 5 day cover of portfolio without interruption of support. This will be argyle working most likely from one of services but will involve attendance of periodical meetings in Watford head office (or attendance of wider finance team meetings in Bristol/Manchester/Birmingham offices) and regular visits at services. You will provide proactive high quality, accurate and timely financial and commercial services to budget holders and their supporting teams, and engage with commissioners and other external stakeholders to support effective and efficient contract management.
Other duties will be to provide timely and accurate forecasting and financial expertise for assigned portfolio and deliver reports identifying variance, risks & opportunities. You will communicate with services and Budget Holder on regular basis to ensure that existing and new procedures and processes are understood and followed by them.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum Qualification: Part Qualified, related qualification or studying towards a finance qualification or to demonstrate significant levels of experience.
- Mobility: driving licence / access to suitable method of transport.
- Skills required: Good written, verbal, communication and presentation skills, excellent spreadsheet/IT skills, Good analytical ability, Ability to motivate, engage and inspire, Able to challenge and evaluate, Promote best practice.
- IT skills – expected: advance Excel (pivot tables, v-/h-lookup, formula building) and other Microsoft Office suite applications (Word, Power Point); preferred: Office365, SharePoint, salesforce, TM1 and Open Accounts.
How to apply
To apply online, visit our website via the apply link.
Closing date: 31 March 2017
As a charity working for children from every background, we’re big believers in diversity and equality when it comes to recruiting.
Registered charity no. 1097940. Company no. 4764232. Charity registered in Scotland SC038092.
More searches like this
- Qualified by Experience Charity & Not for Profit Accountant jobs in Exeter
- Qualified by Experience Charity & Not for Profit Financial Analyst jobs in Exeter
- Qualified by Experience Charity & Not for Profit Finance Business Partner jobs in Exeter
- Qualified by Experience Charity & Not for Profit Assistant Accountant jobs in Exeter
- Qualified by Experience Charity & Not for Profit Financial Planning & Analysis jobs in Exeter