Head of Accounting & Reporting
The Head of Accounting & Reporting is responsible for overseeing the General Accounting and Financial Reporting function of Sony Europe.
In this role he or she is responsible to ensure timely and accurate monthly closing and will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all financial policies and US GAAP. The role is supported by an on-site team with transactional activities being provided by a BPO.
An important element of the role is coordinating different stakeholders within business units and in-country organisations across Europe as well as the European management.
Key Responsibilities & Scope for Decision Making
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Co-ordinate monthly closing with business input, in line with the central timetable
- Co-ordinate the calculation, review and approval of accruals and provisions, in line with the Sony Core Process Model to include:
- Propose, consolidate, review fixed SGA accruals;
- Consolidate, review variable SGA accruals;
- Propose standard local accruals / provisions e.g. bad debt & inventory (stock) devaluation;
- Consolidate, review & post commercial investment accruals:
- Advertising and Promotions, Stock Compensation, Tactical, after invoice conditions
- Manage queries related to financial accounting and standard reporting;
- Support Management Reporting Analyst and internal customers in defining and delivering financial reporting requirements
- Ensure month end close processes are planned to support WD2 financial reporting and facilitate clear variance reporting against forecast and budget, and prior periods.
- Develop clear channel of communications with business groups and in country sales and marketing organisations to facilitate WD2 close and one-time submission of SEU Ltd reporting.
- Review and approval of journal (accruals & provisions) postings
- Review and central approval of exceptional accruals / provisions e.g. Bad Debt
Financial / Technical Compliance
- Liaise with the Statutory and Compliance team to ensure all finance and commercial activities in the business comply with the effective application of agreed Sony Corporate Accounting Policy and SOX controls.
Procedures and Governance Systems
- Support document retention in line with Sony policy and legal requirements
- Support Compliance Team in ensuring reporting to Europe & Tokyo senior management is carried out in timely manner, addressing key areas such as commercial investment, bad debt, fixed assets, pension etc. in order to ensure technical accounting compliance on operational basis within SEU.
- Support Global Tax Office (GTO) requests with the provision of general ledger (GL) information
- Support Sony Global Treasury Services (SGTS) requests with the provision of GL information
Support the business process team to
- Drive standardised processes and procedures across countries and business groups to deliver efficiency and effectiveness in high volume transactional based accounting
- build, maintain and leverage positive working relationships;
- Identify and implement process improvements to continually balance efficiency and improve service to the front line business;
- Take full consideration of compliance of accounting standards and Corporate Accounting Policy.
- Optimise tools and systems available to provide automated financial and operational information to deliver accurate financial information, efficient proactive finance support and professional technical accounting skills
Mitigate advice, communicate and resolve any issues which might affect Finance Accounting performance levels or reporting.
Qualifications & Experience
- Professionally qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or international equivalent).
- Significant proven experience at senior accounting manager/director level.
- Driving & sustaining change in a lean accounting environment on a pan-European basis
- Strategic Thinking (2)
- Business Focus (1)
- Cost and Profit Management (2)
- Communication (1)
- Effective Use of Resources (1)
- Influence, Negotiation and Impact (2)
- Personal Responsibility (1)
- Leadership (1)
- Decision Making (2)
Key Performance Indicators
- Finance Accounting performance measured against agreed service level framework
- Financial compliance (tax, legal, statutory, Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), internal audit, external audit and Corporate Accounting Policy)
More searches like this
- Fully qualified Media / Entertainment / Advertising Accountant jobs in London (Central)
- Fully qualified Media / Entertainment / Advertising Financial Accountant jobs in London (Central)
- Fully qualified Media / Entertainment / Advertising Management Accountant jobs in London (Central)
- Fully qualified Media / Entertainment / Advertising Head of Finance jobs in London (Central)
- Fully qualified Media / Entertainment / Advertising Financial Reporting jobs in London (Central)