We are looking for an organised and analytical individual to join us as Tax Manager and lead the organisation in effective tax planning and tax mitigation, whilst working with all teams to ensure that the organisation is tax compliant, enhancing our reputation as an open and accountable organisation.
Working in more than 120 countries, we do whatever it takes to create breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. Our Support Services department provides leadership and direction in the business of running an efficient organisation and ensuring our resources are used to maximum effect. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfill their potential.
As Tax Manager you will require a clear overview of all activities of the organisation and an understanding of potential tax implications for each of the areas of VAT, gift aid, corporate tax and payroll tax, together with proposals on how tax issues should be resolved. You will ensure Save the Children do not incur any unnecessary tax costs and provide training and guidance to ensure that all teams are able to identify potential tax issues and have the ability to raise them. Providing specific guidance on new and existing business activities, you will communicate and propose solutions on key tax issues with senior executives combining tax expertise with commercial acumen. In addition you will:
- Update the Head of Finance Strategy on key tax risks and how they are being mitigated
- Provide tax planning ideas and proposals for tax savings through understanding the activities of the organisation and implications of new or existing legislation
- Ensure policies, processes and controls related to tax matters are in place, effective and updated when necessary to meet changes in tax legislation
- Ensure all tax returns are completed accurately and filed appropriately including iXBRL returns, corporate tax returns and quarterly and annual group VAT returns
- Maintain and update our partial exemption methodology and ensure that it is properly applied.
To be successful in this role, you will be a qualified accountant and a full or part qualified chartered tax adviser with a good knowledge of all types of taxation as applicable to charities. You will have experience in Business/Non-Business Partial Exemption Method and experience of overseas employee taxation issues. Motivated by the need to improve the lives of children by ensuring that every penny counts towards meeting their needs, you will also have:
- The ability to work independently and meet report deadlines
- An approachable nature so you’re able to establish co-operation from teams throughout the organisation and from other tax experts across the industry
- Strong IT skills
- Confident communication skills.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing Date: 24th May 2017