Financial Services Audit Assistant Manager
Today’s financial services environment is the subject of increasingly rigorous governance, accounting and regulatory requirements. Grant Thornton's audit approach combines rigorous standards of professional independence and objectivity, with a methodology that focuses on critical risk areas and brings together our technical expertise with a detailed knowledge of our clients and the financial services industry. The financial services audit team, led by four partners and two RI's, work with firms from the following sectors: Investment Management; Banking; Insurance and other FCA regulated entities (e.g. brokers, traders, payday lenders).
What you'll be doing
- you’ll manage a small client portfolio and build and maintain good working relationships with all colleagues and clients
- you’ll co-ordinate all aspects of audit planning, including scheduling and attending client meetings, internal review requirements and production of planning documents
- you’ll assist the audit director or partner in establishing audit objectives and overall scope
- you’ll co-ordinate and oversee all aspects of audit fieldwork and completion
- you’ll address high level technical and audit issues ensuring the audit team are able to concentrate on core audit issues
- you’ll ensure that audit work papers have been properly reviewed and that audit files are completed in a timely manner
Who we're looking for:
You'll have a genuine interest in our clients. We want to provide a distinctive service and unlock potential for growth in dynamic organisations.
You'll know that what you do matters. As an organisation we want to be known for how we do business, not simply what we do. So, we need people who know that every act matters from the simple things to the insights we bring to clients.
You'll seize opportunities. We want to adapt quickly and wisely to changing conditions to optimise growth for both our clients and ourselves.
You'll apply critical reasoning to bring clarity and insight. We do it by asking great questions, listening and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience to really help others grow.
Education, experience and qualifications:
- you'll hold a professional accountancy qualification (ACA/CA/ACCA or equivalent)
you'll have post-qualified experience in audit within practice
you'll have experience of managing a small portfolio of clients
you'll have experience of auditing financial services clients, ideally insurance firms
- you'll be able to demonstrate sound task ownership and communication skills as an audit assistant manager, as well as the ability to support and mentor staff