Audit & Accounts Manager
Nagle James, a progressive firm based in Harrow, are currently seeking to fill possibly two audit and accounts manager posts
As the audit and accounts manager, you will work directly with the partner in a team responsible for own varied portfolio of clients, carrying out audits, quarterly reviews, preparing UK GAAP accounts, dealing with company tax returns and providing added value services to broad range of medium to large owner managed clients.
The main responsibilities of the audit and accounts manager will include:
- Assisting with the smooth running of audit assignments with turnover of £10m to £150m in a broad range of industry sectors.
- Planning and execution of audits including test controls, carry out the fieldwork through to file completion using the PCAS audit programme.
- Specialist audits for FCA, ATOL, Insurance Brokers and Solicitor’s Accountants Report.
- FRS 102 and Micro Company accounts preparation for Limited companies, LLPs as well as Sole Traders and Partnerships using Sage Accounts Production.
- Corporation Tax computations and returns using Sage CT software.
- Meeting clients and maintain excellent client relationship.
The Ideal Candidate
- ACA/ACCA (or equivalent) qualified.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience working within a busy public practice managing the flow of audit and accounts work.
- All round experience in audit, financial reporting and tax for a busy accountancy practice.
- A working knowledge of audit and accounts production software. CCH Private Company Audit System and Sage Accounts Production will be beneficial.
- A commercial awareness enabling you to recognise and develop new business opportunities.
- Excellent report and letter writing skills.
- Strong IT and interpersonal skills.
The firm recognises that people are its key assets, which makes achieving the right balance between work and home one of their prime objectives. They strive to enhance their staff’s working lives by offering everyone a friendly and supportive working environment complemented by conditions and benefits.