Client Manager / ACA Qualified Accountant
Job Role: Manager / Qualified ACA
Location: Covent Garden
Salary: £38k-£43k and CTA study and pension.
Our client established the firm after having worked for "Big Four" accountancy practices and in industry, with the intention of helping smaller technology start-ups develop into multi-national groups. The founders have managed to do this by providing an excellent, tailored service. As a result, the company's clients seek a wide range of services, not simply "compliance" services, such as accounts preparation or external audit.
Due to the growth of the firm, a fantastic new role for a Qualified ACA has been created at this entrepreneurial firm, based in Covent Garden.
The firm is seeking an excellent Client Manager to manage their own portfolio of technology and fast growing companies, as well as several colleagues.
As the successful candidate becomes knowledgeable about the firm and its clients' needs, the remit of the role will expand to include identifying and securing business development opportunities.
This is a versatile role, where the successful candidate will be:
- Looking for an opportunity to demonstrate their leadership, as well as technical, qualities.
- Responsible for a portfolio of clients (to include planning of work, liaising directly with clients on a day to day basis and holding meetings with clients).
- Be a successful "face" of the firm.
- Prioritising their time and tasks in order to meet clients' needs and deadlines.
- Working independently on various tax projects such as R&D tax credits, Video Games Tax Relief, Patent Box, SEIS, EIS, EMI share options and other tax related work.
- Supervising staff and ensuring the team get support, training and are identifying issues early.
- Assisting clients with business planning, managing reporting, cashflow analysis and forecasting for clients, to support their growth.
- Working closely with the firm's management to further develop the firm and its sales offering.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Qualified ACA, preferably having experience working for a small or medium sized practice.
- Experience of working with UK SME companies and personal tax, preferably in the technology or high growth sector.
- Excellent understanding of GAAP (including FRS 102) and UK tax;
- Able to manage and prioritise a variety of tasks for different clients.
- Ideally, the candidate would have prior experience and knowledge of tax incentivize schemes such as SEIS, EIS, R&D tax credit and EMI schemes, as well as having audit experience.
Who you are;
- Self-motivated and have a willingness to take responsibility
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communicator - both in terms of oral and written communication.
- Able to work independently and to use own initiative
- Adaptable and sociable
- Good sense of humor
- Keen interest in technology
- Excited by entrepreneurship and startups
- Able to multitask and work at a high pace
- Seeking to develop career significantly in the short term
Please click the APPLY button to submit your CV and a Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Accountant, ACCA Part Qualified, CIMA Part Qualified, Junior Accountant, Junior Management Accountant, Accountancy, Accounts, Accounts Assistant, Finance Assistant, Accounts Clerk, Accounts Administrator, Finance, Financial, Assistant Accountant, Client Manager, Client services will also be considered for this role.