Assistant Finance Analyst
Assistant Finance Analyst
£25,719–£26,649 pa + excellent benefits
We’re looking for a highly numerate individual who is studying or planning to study towards a CCAB qualification to join us as an Assistant Finance Analyst and provide vital support to our management accounts team.
Shelter’s Finance division consists of five teams: Supporter Income, Business Analysis and Management Accounts, Financial Accounting, Sales and Purchase Ledger. This particular role sits within Management Accounts but offers the opportunity to work across all of our divisions, learn key skills and develop your experience while studying towards a professional qualification.
Benefits include 30 days annual leave, the possibility of flexible working and significant opportunities for learning and development.
Your key responsibilities:
- Assisting in the production of the monthly management accounts within agreed timescales and playing your part in ad hoc work and projects as required
- Dealing with budget holder queries in a timely and appropriate manner and helping them to understand their budgets through training and support
- Producing donor reports for funders that are accurate and within the timetable and monitoring restricted income and expenditure and making adjustments where relevant
- Maintaining a record of staff establishment and update with changes on a regular basis and working closely with colleagues in Finance to support best practice.
And what you’ll need:
- A general understanding of finance functions and management accounts and a genuine desire to achieve CCAB qualification
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent Excel skills
- Commercial awareness, a collaborative, proactive and results driven approach and a willingness to challenge the status quo and introduce new ideas
For further information about the role, the benefits of working for Shelter and to apply please visit our website.
Shelter is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of clients, in particular children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff, workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
At Shelter, we welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation. We are facing diverse problems, so need diverse people to tackle them.
Shelter helps millions of people every year struggling with bad housing or homelessness through our advice, support and legal services. And we campaign to make sure that, one day, no one will have to turn to us for help.
We’re here so no one has to fight bad housing or homelessness on their own.
Shelter does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.
More jobs like this
- Part qualified Charity & Not for Profit Accounts Assistant jobs in London (Central)
- Part qualified Charity & Not for Profit Graduate/Trainee jobs in London (Central)
- Part qualified Charity & Not for Profit Financial Analyst jobs in London (Central)
- Part qualified Charity & Not for Profit Assistant Accountant jobs in London (Central)