Robert Half Finance and Accounting are actively recruiting a Head of Student Finance for a respected and well-established University in Guildford.
The main function of the job is as Owner of Debtor Management for the University, deliver results through the collection team in excess of £6million per month, and the overall reduction of outside Agency Debt.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To be responsible for the delivery of the Accounts Receivable service for our customers.
- Ensuring all actions are to drive debtor management and give an accurate view of debt owed to the University at any point of time. Developing strategies to enable the team to achieve targets, including staff support, training and development.
- Manage strategy for 60/90 days debt, ensuring targeted communication is in line with the next liability date, to reduce the amount of debt moving to non-current students and external agencies.
- Manage the relationship with Business Development Team to ensure all contracts for Firms are in place; that agreed invoicing timescales are understood by the team and are being met; and that the correct discounting structure is being maintained.
- Manage the Centre Director relationships to ensure that each centre is aware of their debt status and that service levels are being met by Accounts Receivable team.
- To prepare the course fee schedules, based on the prices agreed by the University's Executive Board, for general reference by all areas of the University including the University website and to ensure that these are kept up-to-date for any subsequent changes.
- Test and review processes and team effectiveness on a regular cycle to ensure that the AR function is meeting the needs of the business.
- Review all system enhancements necessary and liaise with Finance Project Manager to ensure requests for improvements are being driven through the business effectively.
- Ensure that all changes to agreed formal processes are reviewed, recorded, and approved by the audit committee prior to implementation.
- To lead and manage the Accounts Receivable team, driving results through the Student Finance team.
- To support the Director of Finance and Chief Finance Officer in achieving the objectives of the Finance Department and the wider strategic objectives of the University by working collaboratively across all University functions.
- To be responsible for the full debtor's ledger ensuring that the data held is complete, clean and accurate and any reports or calculations required are produced in a timely fashion.
- To agree KPI's with the Director of Finance (including, but not limited to, debt recovery, working capital, Daily Sales Outstanding, Bad Debt, query response and recruitment and retention targets) and then to lead the team to meet those targets,
- To review reports on debtors including month-end reports, monthly bad debt provision, debtors listing for the centre staff, balance sheet reconciliations, fee income reconciliations, as required by the Director of Finance.
- To be responsible for the Health and Safety Policy within the work area they are responsible.
- To promote and sustain a constructive, supportive and professional working relationship with all customers and colleagues.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic with high self-motivation, possess excellent interpersonal and people management skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, good prioritation skills, can demonstrate sound judgment, is well-organised, and not prepared to just accept the status quo but is the type to always seek improvements.
Salary & Benefits
£45k - £52k + benefits.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.