Manager (Business Outsourcing)
Rawlinson & Hunter has an opportunity for a Manager to join the Corporate Services Department. The role will be based in modern offices in Leatherhead, Surrey, which offers free car parking and an on-site (free to use) gym. The office is a short walk from Leatherhead train station. Travel to our London office will also be required (generally about once a week).
Salary is up to £55k dependant on experience. We offer a competitive benefits package including life assurance, pension and private medical insurance.
Rawlinson & Hunter is an international practice of Chartered Accountants with its head office in the United Kingdom and specialises in personal, corporate taxation and financial advice to international groups and private individuals. We were established over 80 years ago and rank amongst the top thirty practices in the UK.
The Corporate Services Department provides a range of services including management accounting services, audits, payroll services and company secretarial support to a wide range of clients. This includes providing management and financial reporting services and often encompasses a full outsourcing of the client’s accounting operation. The clients are of a quality and diversity that you would expect from an international practice based in central London.
Core responsibilities include:
- Review of management accounts for UK and multi-national companies and groups, prepared by staff within the department
- Advising on VAT and PAYE matters, including the review of quarterly VAT returns, EC sales lists and Intrastats
- Corresponding with clients on a day to day basis in respect of general business advice on a wide range of subjects to clients
- Assisting startups in all aspects of financial support
- Implementation of accounting and computerised financial systems
- Review of annual accounts for sole traders, partnerships, companies, LLPs and charities prepared in house
- UK and International financial reporting
- Multi currency accounting
- One-off project work
- Preparation of business plans, budgets and cashflow forecasts
- Reviewing and reporting on financial information systems
- Day to day management of staff and development, including bi-annual appraisals
The client base that the department deals with is extensive, ranging from SMEs to international groups including:
- Technology & e-commerce companies
- Subsidiaries of quoted and non quoted overseas corporations
- Art galleries and antique dealers
- Upmarket retail suppliers and outlets
- Sports personalities/motor sport
- PR and marketing
- Property development and investment
The main criteria for any candidate applying for this position is a sound knowledge of financial issues and commercial exposure mixed with strong written and verbal communication skills. The individual will have a recognised accountancy qualification, and be able to demonstrate that they have worked in an environment where it is necessary to deliver accurate information on a timely basis. Rawlinson & Hunter prides itself on the quality of service it provides to its clients and we seek individuals to join our team who share our values of quality and service.