Accounts Payable Analyst (Interim)
Accounts Payable Analyst (Interim)
WE’RE GOING PLACES….
With more than 60 years of history in the bag, ours is a brand with an impressive heritage. Style is well and truly in our blood. As well as UK and Ireland, we are represented globally through our stores in Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Asia. Our e-commerce business is helping to set the trend globally, shipping to 125 countries whilst also growing our presence on the world’s leading digital fashion marketplaces.
Our people make all the difference. Just as the River Island name pulls customers in off the high street and inspires them to buy online, our employer brand turns the heads of talented people, inspiring them to join, stay and grow with us.
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Supervisor, the Interim AP Analyst will be responsible for inputting invoices on a daily basis, you will ensure all weekly and monthly deadlines are met, whilst also resolving day to day queries in a professional manner by interacting with customers.
In this role, you will:
- Process and code a high volume of invoices weekly (c80,000 p.a.)
- Post invoices accurately to weekly and monthly deadlines
- Ensure timely and accurate filing of documents
- Resolve all queries in a timely manner
- Distribute invoices across the business
- Reconcile supplier statements
- Timely and accurate delivery of payment cycle for suppliers
- Ensure discounted invoices are paid in a timely manner
- Prepare and run the weekly supplier payment runs
- Send payment runs via BACs
- Reconcile open items for monthly deadlines
- Ensure correct authorisations are obtained
- Liaise with cost centre managers within the business
- Enhance communication with vendors and customers
- Maintain relationship with Management Accounts and Banking Team for all accounting deadlines
- Daily administrative duties including post
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
- Minimum 2 years Accounts Payable experience, ideally from a retail background
- Knowledge of Oracle/SAP experience preferred
- Electronic Invoice scanning
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- The ability to work to targets, achieving objectives and meeting deadlines
- Attention to detail, accurate when working under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, able to build relationships with other departments
- Ability to multi task, solve problems and take responsibility for resolution
- Possess a positive approach to change
IT NEVER GETS BORING…
If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then River Island is the place to be! As a business, we are committed to developing our talent and offer a fantastic training program to help you optimise your performance and support your career progression with the company.
You will be working with industry experts who are passionate about our brand and really know their stuff. They are focused on ensuring they deliver this knowledge to their team to support with their development with the business. What better way to learn and develop your career than alongside someone who has been there and done it themselves!
Our working environment is busy, fast moving and responsive to our customers’ needs, much like our training which is unique to our business and reflective of our fun and refreshing brand and our people within it! Our River Academy offers ongoing training and development by running workshops throughout the year varying from courses focusing on softer skills to the more technical courses you may require to perform your duties.
It’s not all work and no play here either…we all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from summer and Christmas parties, bake offs, and lots of charity events!
WE LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER…and in doing so, we provide great benefits for our employees:
- 50% Staff Discount
- Pension Scheme
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Discounted on-site gym membership
- Staff Shop
- Subsidised canteen
- Free onsite parking